Cal

Thursday-Kaitie and I had a fun time pouring and mixing concrete while talking to 2 of the plantation workers.  We talked the whole time with the workers while doing construction.  We taught them Spanish and they taught me English, while Kaitie helped translate.  We laughed at each other and joked around a lot with the workers.  The two workers then talked to us about the Tower of Babel, and related to how we had a bit of a language barrier as we were doing construction.  It was really cool to see them talking about Bible stories to us, and them asking us how much we read the Bible. There was something really cool about talking to Christians who are so far away from where I live and who speak a different language.  It made me laugh but also kind of sad when one of the workers said to me, "I will tell the government of Nicaragua not to let you out of the country until you have taught me English, and I have taught you Spanish."

Cal Anderson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Trip Prayer Requests

Sydney Brown - 6/18/17

Brianna Johnson - 6/18/17