Reactions from Thursday

Today we started off the day by finishing up our construction projects in the morning and then in the afternoon we visited a public hospital to provide encouragement and prayer for the people there as well as giving donations to provide for their physical needs.  Here are thoughts from the day from several different students:

Jeremy Solsman - Today I felt kind of awkward when we first entered our room in the hospital.  When we entered, there were 5 people laving on beds in the room, surrounded by family members.  When we went up to the first person to talk to him, my nervousness melted away and I could feel his joy and the presence of God in the room.  Afterwards, when we went to talk to the other 4 people in the room, I could also fell the presence of God and their joy at our prayers.  This was very encouraging to me to experience God working in these peoples' lives.

Rachel Solsman - When we went to the hospital, at first I felt awkward because I didn't really know what I was doing, but after warming up to the patients, I felt peaceful while with them and praying for them, as it was nice to see the smiles on all of the faces.

Christiana Cole - Pulling up to the hospital today, I felt very overwhelmed.  I had never done this before and I wasn't sure what I would have to do.  When we went in, we went from bed to bed praying for the people.  It didn't feel like a lot at the time, but as we walked back through the hallway, all the people we had visited were smiling and waving.  It was crazy how something that felt so small made such a giant impact.

Faith Bech - I felt very compassionate towards the people in the hospital and very excited that I was able to be apart of the project I was in and getting to finish it.

Alyssa Hall - Today I saw God through the smiling faces of the patients in the hospital.  Despite the intense pain they were in, they had joy and a love for us and our prayers.  I felt so blessed at the hospital after seeing how much medical supplies they lacked and how much we have in the United States.  However I also felt blessed to be a part of encouraging them and seeing the connection we had together throughout God despite the language barrier.

Zach Hartman - At first I didn't know what to feel, the I felt a little out of my comfort zone but I saw a patient eating some of the food we gave him and he seemed happy which made me feel that what I was doing was making a difference for the better which made me happy.

Bri Johnson - Ic ould see the pain they were and their families and I anted to help them so badly.  It was hard to help them when I couldn't even speak clearly to them.  I know that we prayed for them and even if they couldn't understand, the Lord understood.

Brooke Wadsworth - Today during the hospital visit I felt encouraged by the presence of the Spirit in so many conversations.  The joy that I saw in so many of the individuals we met was incredibly inspiring that someone in such a seemingly hopeless situation could declare that "His mercy is sufficient."

Melissa McCollum - At the hospital I felt very scared but also blessed and appreciated by the people we prayed for.  It was also very relatable to the pain of the family who had just lost a loved one.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Trip Prayer Requests

Sydney Brown - 6/18/17

Brianna Johnson - 6/18/17