Sydney Brown - 6/18/17

The first full day of camp is officially done, and I could not be more proud and full of joy. Today I met a sweet old women who we believe is over 97 years old. We are not sure of her exact age because she does not know how to read or write. Even with her age, her mind was sharp. She was able to recite Psalm 91 to us by memory because someone had cared enough in the past to help her memorize it. Every time she said a word, she would look at all of us. She looked us straight in the eye. In her eyes I saw more joy then I could imagine. Though she was an old frail woman, she was full of joy and compassion that I had never seen before. God was truly able to bless me and show me how He can work in so many ways in so many different situations. 

Comments

  1. Sydney - What a great reminder of what a treasure God's Word can be when we have hidden it in our hearts (and minds)! It sounds like she was a great example of steadfast joy. May God bless the work of your hands this week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Pre-Trip Prayer Requests

Brianna Johnson - 6/18/17

Projects and Celebrations